Can anyone help me with my Grapes

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ginbart, Jun 19, 2010.

1. ginbart

ginbart Crowing

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    I have grapes that are getting rotten before they are getting fully grown.

Should I take off some of the vines that have no grapes on them.

Thanks for your help.

2. turney31

turney31 Songster

Sep 14, 2008
    palestine texas
    ginbart I know nothing about grapes but I like to go to BYC sister site .The easygarden.com I think. There is a link at the bottom of the Index page.

Micah

3. ginbart

ginbart Crowing

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Thanks I didn't think about that.

4. tinahoak

tinahoak In the Brooder

Apr 22, 2010
    Brockport, NY
    if your clusters are too full, and loaded with grapes you should thin the grapes in the cluster. This gives them better air flow and more room for them to get bigger. Also, how much water are you giving them ? Don't over water.

I have 3 vines : 1 sweet red seedless table grape, 1 seedless Concord, and a seedless Reliant (which kinda is a pink fruit)

5. ginbart

ginbart Crowing

Mar 9, 2008
    Bloomsburg, PA
    Quote:I don't water them. [​IMG] It's well maybe I should get a pic and show you. Be right back.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And here's the vine on two post. I cut it down last year and it's twice the size it was last year.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2010
  6. 2chickenrich

2chickenrich Songster

Oct 7, 2008
    Perry, Georgia
  7. Rusty Hills Farm

Rusty Hills Farm Songster

Apr 3, 2008
    Up at the barn
    Looks like brown fruit rot which responds to Captan. Here in Alabama it is my #1 problem with my fruits, both tree and vine, and I have to spray for it weekly to get any fruit at all.

HTH

8. chickenlittle32

chickenlittle32 Songster

Apr 19, 2009
    Rayne Louisiana
    Mine hasn't even started growing any grapes yet [​IMG]

9. jarcoo0153

jarcoo0153 Songster

Mar 13, 2010
    Levelland, Texas
    IT looks like a fungus to me. Try to find some Fungicide 3 made by Garden Safe. Our Walmart carries it. It will kill Fungus, Mites and Insects. It is safe for edibles. I use it on alot of my fruits and veg. I hope this helps. [​IMG]

10. ultasol

ultasol Songster

Apr 30, 2009
    SE Washington
    You can prune your grape to allow for beter airflow around the clusters as well. Instead of a potentially toxic spray meant for ornamentals, you can use a sulfer dust to control many fungal pathogens. Read the label of whatever fungicide you use. Many fungicides are some of the more toxic disease control chemicals used in agricultural crops.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by