Can anyone help my cat? PLEASE

Hey, thanks for all for help! I think I will try the chicken broth idea cause i did get some water down him with a syringe i had and so far he kept it down for about an hour or so. And i know chicken broth helps us. What would we do w/out chickens. He is on my lap right now.

If he's sick due to a gastrointestinal problem the amoxicillin is probably just hurting his system...antibiotics can be rough on the GI tract. If you have decent credit there is a medical credit card called Care Credit that you can use for the vet's office. You can apply over the phone.

Not sure where you are but maybe he just got overheated today, or already ate. My tom stays gone long periods of time. Sometimes when he returns he lays around looking half dead for awhile. Hopefully he just got in a fight and is a little stiff.
Wish you the best!
hugs.gif

One of the best things I've found to make a sick cat eat is 'chicken broth' baby food. Its easy to digest, smells good, and you can give it to them on a spoon. Also, rather than giving him water, give him pedialite... the electrolites will help hydrate him fairly well. What I do is get a glass full, room temp, and stick a straw in it... cover the end of the straw so your holding liquid in the straw, and give it to them that way.

If he can't smell something, he generally wont eat it. Cats are like that. Let him rest, keep him quiet, and take him to the vet as soon as you can. Odds are though the vet will be as stumped as you are without a ton of blood tests. You might take his temperature and see if hes running a fever yourself.... allerigic reactions don't generally make them run a fever...

Good luck! I've got a ton of felines at home that are gonna think good thoughts along with me for you.

He seems a tiny bit better, he is just laying around. He did drink a bit of water this morning 2 different times, so i am hopeful about that. But i am bringing the water to him then he will drink a little. I will keep you posted. Thanks for all your concern again.

Back
Top Bottom