Can anyone help my know the sex and breed of my 6 chickens?

KDHarris6

Hatching
5 Years
Apr 21, 2014
I have six chicks that are approximately 6 weeks old?? I have too get rid of any roosters ASAP, and want to be sure about their sex.. Any help?

*I think the gold one may be part Japanese Black tail?- it is very short-legged compared to the others, and it's beak is yellow with yellow legs. I'm not sure if it's a roo or hen...?

*The two black and gold chicks have different combs- one seems to be single, and the other is flatter and looks almost double. Both combs are the same color, and they both have slate legs. Roos or hens? Breed?

*The two cream chicks were identical, one just a little larger.. Now, they both seem to have similar red combs, and I think I've heard them trying to crow. The larger one is getting a bit more brown speckled too.

*The black and white one also seems to have a flat, wide, smushed comb with a little point (like one of the black/gold ones). It has slate legs. Roo or hen? Breed?

THANK YOU FOR ANY HELP! THIS IS MY FIRST RODEO.

Kelsie2290

Free Ranging
Premium member
8 Years
Feb 18, 2011
Ohio
It does look like you have a Black Tailed BUff Japanese, 2 Gold (even though one seems to have a single comb) and a Silver Sebright none of them look very rooish at this point... and the two whitish ones maybe Old English Games?, those two do look like roosters

Top Bottom