Can anyone help please?

celebrate.gif
Wow..I am so happy for my son. Today is his 13th birthday and today he got his FIRST EGG. We were so excited for him. To see him you may of thought he won a million dollars. I am so happy that one of hens has started laying. What a great way from him to celebrate his birthday with one of his hens giving him his first egg.
celebrate.gif

Thanks for all the encouragement and advice..!!! You guys ROCK...!!!!

Tanya

Hello Everyone...So nice to be back..Have been out a couple of days. Not feeling well. Well looks like our hens are laying every other day. We got one on March 1 and then March 3rd. So far no eggs today. I will have to post pics of our chickens. I will post them as soon as I can. How has everyone been? Hope this finds everyone doing well.

Pics soon to come..!!!

Tanya

LOL that is what I meant..Rhode Island Reds...Do NOT know where my head was at..!!! Hoping to post pics soon.

My 12 year old son bought chickens this summer. 2 Long Island Red Roosters and 8 hens. To date the hens have not layed one egg and my son is getting very disappointed. We are feeding Laying Mesh and they have nesting boxes. What are we not doing right or what are we doing wrong? I hate to see my son disappointed and I do not want him to give up his hobby with his chickens. Any help please or suggestions?

My grand kid about the same age have had chickens for several years. I think they learn lots of life lessons from the flock. Responsibility, respect for life and patience.
Every thing comes in time. LOL

Back
Top Bottom