Can anyone help with their opinions? What colours are my Pekins?

duurr read the title dummy.....that was directed at myself haha
hide.gif

Hi Canadianislupus,
Thanks for your comments on our birds. We think they are beautiful too. These guys are Pekin bantams and are actually a true breed. It is a breed which has no large counterpart, so we think they are quite special. People are used to hearing about bantam wyandotte, bantam sussex etc, which are exactly as you suggest....just a smaller version of the larger breed.
Glad we could introduce you to our true bantam breed. Hope you love them as much as we do.

You truly learn something new every day. When I hear Pekin, I think duck. I just kind of brushed it off as a typo in the thread title. Until my master google searching showed me there is a real Pekin chicken. They are all super cute! Little munchkin peeps haha

Thanks BayBay Peepers.....we think they are super cute too. So many people don't think they exist, or like you, think that I have made a mistake when discussing them. THANK YOU for taking the time to check it out for yourself. They make GREAT pets and love the human interaction as you can see from the picture of my daughter and her rooster. Yes that is a ROOSTER. This guy is our "top dog" and he rules with an iron beak around the hen house, keeping everyone in their pecking order. But, he is also the sweetest of them all and will happily lay on his back and swing in the hammock for ages. All of his own free will.

Back
Top Bottom