Can anyone help with this babies toes? And breed guess?

mommakatx2

In the Brooder
Feb 19, 2017
One of the chicks we hatched in my daughter's kindy class. Hatched on Tuesday and Wednesday...went in to check on them today and saw this little blue one's mangled toes on one foot. Anything I should do for it? It's getting around ok, no issues. Seems to be thriving. Pretty little blue thing. Not sure on the breed....came from One of two mail order batches of eggs...guesses welcome!

Last edited:
Twisted toes won't hinder it. As The above post said, you could tape them, but you don't really need to. I'm loving the buff and white chick by it in 2 of the pictures. I don't think I've ever seen a chick with colors like that.

X2... 3? Haha
Don't worry about it as much. I hatched a naked neck with the same problem on one foot. She's living perfectly well, no problems. She's just got a few wanky toes is all

X2... 3? Haha
Don't worry about it as much. I hatched a naked neck with the same problem on one foot. She's living perfectly well, no problems. She's just got a few wanky toes is all

Lol.....wanky toes. I believe I shall call her wanky!
1f601.png

Twisted toes won't hinder it. As The above post said, you could tape them, but you don't really need to. I'm loving the buff and white chick by it in 2 of the pictures. I don't think I've ever seen a chick with colors like that.

I agree, that little one is a cutie! I don't know what it is.....came from a hodge podge of eggs.

Back
Top Bottom