can anyone identify this mushroom(?) for me please?

Quote:
Here's why it might taste like seafood:

"Edible: Fresh still growing specimens are best used. Older ones develop a bitter aftertaste. (remove slugs) "
lol.png

Quote:
What makes you think I don't have one already.
lol.png

It's on a live tree
hu.gif
should I let the tree know its prognosis is not good?
hide.gif

I think you said there were 2 of them. So yes I would venture that you are correct.
8.gif

It is possible that they are growing on dead branch stumps.

Imp

I do a lot of edible mushrooming myself..I don't know the Latin name for it..but I think it 'nick name' is "CORAL mushroom". Don't eat it..I have been mushrooming for probably 9-10 years and there is only about three or four that I can positively identify as 'edible'. I'm going to check through my books but my guess is "CORAL"

barnie.gif
DON'T TRUST THE MUSHROOM BOOKS!!!!! I did.
he.gif
I found a mushroom that the book identified as "choice" for chefs. I cross referenced, for anything similar. Then.......... made spaghetti. WOW!
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
sickbyc.gif
a night in the hospital. One thing I did learn, besides don't eat wild mushrooms, is that while you're dying,.......... you can crap all over,..... & you just don't care!
lau.gif

Quote:
This is an extremely good (& way too graphic
lol.png
) reminder. Not all shrooms are created equal. The same shroom growing here under fir trees might be just fine, but growing in a different kind of forest on the east coast might not be so good. There are also many that look so similar that it is impossible to tell them apart in the field. Also people's reaction to them can vary.
On the good side there are lots of shrooms that will make you want to die (As poor Sir Bird can attest) There are only a few that will take away the option.
I will not pick and eat wild soft gilled shrooms, there is just too many of them. I stick to the ones that are easily identifiable.

Imp

Back
Top Bottom