can anyone identify this paw print?

Makes me sad and mad. But for us life goes on. A lesson learned. My shotgun would be loaded with #4 shot or larger. BB loads would be better yet. But the ultimate load would be Double 00 Buck. He won't know what hit him with Double 00 Buckshot. Give him the same quick humane kill he gave your extended family (pets) when he returns. And don't feel guilty. He was born with outstanding hunting skills and capable of catching wild animals that are part of his food chain. Preying on defensless domesticated animals is a good reason to be shot. Take him out for Barney and Lily

You may have seen this thread cheeka but I started it sometime back for people who have lost their chickens/pets/loved ones to predators. Its nearing 10,000 views and many people have been educated (including myself) on different ways predators can get your chickens and ways to prevent it from happening. If you want you can share your story there and it might save somebody else from heartache like you experienced. One recent commenter had a fox who returned I think 5 or 6 times in the same day taking a chicken each time.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...else-from-the-bad-experience/310#post_9451748

hugs.gif
thanks OK, it's a good thread, spent the evening reading the whole thing and then i did contribute my sad story.

hugs.gif
thanks OK, it's a good thread, spent the evening reading the whole thing and then i did contribute my sad story.
Good post over there. I'm sure it will help save a chicken or chickens life and save somebody some heartache. You have took your bad experience and made it a opportunity to help others.
highfive.gif

my neighbor across the street got one fox... one down and loads to replace it... all's quiet on my side since last Sunday. i'm going to take the traps down tonight, so the cats can go out again. i've kept my gang in a fenced in run, which i am working on expanding. they're not getting any free range time, but they have loads of fresh grass and bugs, and the run is portable, so i can move it a few feet every couple of days and they get fresh new grass. I bring them grass clippings, and dead bugs from the new zapper every day. i need a longer lead cord to keep the zapper in the run... really they are so spoiled...

my neighbor across the street got one fox... one down and loads to replace it... all's quiet on my side since last Sunday. i'm going to take the traps down tonight, so the cats can go out again. i've kept my gang in a fenced in run, which i am working on expanding. they're not getting any free range time, but they have loads of fresh grass and bugs, and the run is portable, so i can move it a few feet every couple of days and they get fresh new grass. I bring them grass clippings, and dead bugs from the new zapper every day. i need a longer lead cord to keep the zapper in the run... really they are so spoiled...
Who needs free range time when they can live long happy and safe lives in chicken heaven. If they could talk you would overhear them saying "It don't get no better". We don't have "runs". We have Five Star Resorts. Now excuse me while I see if my guest need anything.

Back
Top Bottom