can anyone identify this paw print?

Food is plentiful this time of the year. They can find crayfish (crawlfish in Kentucky) and minnows in creeks and streams. They eat berries and raid gardens. They love corn. So it is tougher to trap a coon this time of the year but it can be done. In the winter when the ground is frozen and food is scarce you will find it much easier. So back to what I said in the earlier comment you basically need to make the area in and around the trap a simple, easy. and delicious food source where the coon will return to each night. Or wait till winter and they will be standing in line to get in there. OR keep your knuckleheads in a safe coop at night and say to hell with the coon or anything else who wants to eat them in the middle of the night.

yes, it's plentiful, and i'm providing more... Barney, my cockerel fought valiantly to save his Lily from a fox that snatched her up. i was 20 feet away. cloud cover and hunger and an easy meal made him brave. he killed Barney and took Lily away. i keep a gun right at the back door, but it wasn't there... my BH moved it. so... at 2:30 pm today, that fox got away without a shot being fired at it. the gun is back where it belongs and my BH promised he will never move it again.
now that put an end to supervised free range.

fox have gotta eat... just wish they wouldn't eat my friends.

Cheeka, I LOVE the avatar pic... so pretty
love.gif

yes, it's plentiful, and i'm providing more... Barney, my cockerel fought valiantly to save his Lily from a fox that snatched her up. i was 20 feet away. cloud cover and hunger and an easy meal made him brave. he killed Barney and took Lily away. i keep a gun right at the back door, but it wasn't there... my BH moved it. so... at 2:30 pm today, that fox got away without a shot being fired at it. the gun is back where it belongs and my BH promised he will never move it again.
now that put an end to supervised free range.

fox have gotta eat... just wish they wouldn't eat my friends.
So sorry my friend. I know they bring you lots of joy as mine do me. We learn and take comfort in the fact that it was over quickly. It could have happened to any of us. Will be here when you need BYC friends. Take care.

thanks a bunch...! i do appreciate the fact that we all share the same feelings about our feathered friends... it's all about giving them a good life while they are here...

Russ, BH = Better Half... which he is, most of the time...
love.gif

Cheeka, I LOVE the avatar pic... so pretty
love.gif
thank you so much, it's my EE pullet, Blu B'ree. if the fox got her... i would have been really crushed. i love all my birds, but Blu and a little BR pullet named Wilma are my sweety gals! here is a full body shot of Blu

i'll put up shots of Barney and Lily later on, i have to leave for work in 4 ... minutes

Barney, and Lily... i found Lily's tail feathers.
He was my BaBaBaBarney... he was such a flirt
hit.gif

with yogurt lipstick... she was affectionately called Lily Love Darling

.22 mag, which probably won't be what kills the fox, that'll be the shotgun, but i don't have a surplus of shells...
the exit holes: group of 2, siting in at 45 yards, group of 3 at 50 yards. last 3...were executed by walking around the corner of the garage, pretending to see the fox and firing quickly. i did this 4 times. i had one clean miss
somad.gif

i asked my BH how he felt about my skills... he said quietly... it scares me.
love.gif

Back
Top Bottom