can anyone identify this paw print?

I am a Trapper instructor, been around critters all my life.

the spread of the print looks very much like that of the Possums I have trapped.

The coons print are some what narrower. Hope you catch it. Possums don't like Box Traps unless they are really Hungry and competition is stiff. But I also don't think possum will mess with live animals unless their Dead or sick.

gig.gif

no luck... trap's empty yet again... we've been having some pretty steady rain this week, which is great, because we need it so bad - I don't think my lawn is coming back this year tho'...
my neighbor has been spotting a possum large enough to make those tracks near her swamp, her DH will set another trap later over there... so... still waiting!
he.gif

I am a Trapper instructor, been around critters all my life.

the spread of the print looks very much like that of the Possums I have trapped.

The coons print are some what narrower. Hope you catch it. Possums don't like Box Traps unless they are really Hungry and competition is stiff. But I also don't think possum will mess with live animals unless their Dead or sick.
You might need HappyRoo give you trapper lessons. As for the possum.......... he says the possum won't mess with live animal unless they are dead.

ep.gif
live...dead... i missed that on the first go round...
lau.gif
jk HappyRoo, we know what ya meant
and btw, i love your avitar pic, my pug won't let me put a winter sweater on easily... i'd never get her in that costume!

Update please. And one question. If there is a coon in the trap what are yor plans for it. Just curious. Chickenwrangler would make a hat out of it after she wrang its neck.

We have a huge coon and skunk problem. DH has caught 4 coons, 7 skunk.... and counting. Still have stuff trying to get in under the hoop coop at night. Crazy critters!!

Now you have me watching this thread. :)

Thinking of investing in a trap myself.

Hope you get the critter whatever it may be!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom