Can Anyone Indentify My Sister's Rooster Friend?

I have no clue, just want to say he is a stunner
wink.png

Quote:
I am Donna, and I live in northern New Jersey. My sister is Kim (Kim_1970)...she lives on the Eastern Shore of Maryland and that's where the rooster is
wink.png

Just figured I would clear up the locations lol.

Maybe she can get another picture with his head up so you can see his face.

I'll stop over the other house today and see if I can get more pictures of him.
He has 5 miniature horses and a Paint foal there to keep him company. But I do plan to get some chicks when I get the farm.
I cant bring him home now because where I currently live there is a colony of feral cats around.
hmm.png

I live on the Eastern Shore, about 15 minutes from Ocean City.

I'm a newbie, and I don't know much about most of the different breeds. That being said, I ran across a drawing of a rooster on Ideal Poultry's website called a Spangled Russian Orloff...it reminded me of your rooster, sort of. Here's the website...

Edit: sorry the link doesn't work to take you directly to the breed. So here's Ideal's link and you can find it under "brown egg layers"

http://www.ideal-poultry.com/

idunno.gif

I'm sure those in the know will be much more accurate than I am!!
hu.gif

He is a beauty tho!

Last edited:
Didn't I see this rooster in another thread? I agree it's probably a silkie cross or silkie mix.

Anyways... he has the most freakiest "beard" I ever saw..

Anybody else ever see a beard like THAT? Big long and having hackle type feathers in it?! Could an Araucana tuft be placed like that?(used to have them, none of them ever had a tuft placment like this..)

That is definately the best example of a Feather-Footed Gold Spangled Rip Van Winkle Bearded Whichamahoozit I have ever seen!
(did I mention he's gorgeous?)

Back
Top Bottom