Can anyone offer their help? What Phoenix varieties are these? I also have a Bantam Rooster that I need help identifying

Fluffy Lambs

WHY IS YOUR BABY IN MY TRUCK??!??¿?
Premium Feather Member
May 10, 2021
The Hot State
Editing to add what colors they really are.

Felisha, a Black Breasted Red.
IMG_3395.JPG IMG_3386.JPG

Cuddles, a Dunn x BB Red.
IMG_3392.JPG IMG_3389.JPG

Reagan, a Dunn x BB Red.
IMG_3381.JPG IMG_3402.JPG IMG_3398.JPG
See Cuddles and Reagan grown up here:
https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/what-color-is-this-banty-phoenix.1501743/

Last edited:
My mistake the under color of feathers is white at base and gray in the middle before it gets to yellow
Thanks for any info.

So first pic of pullet golden, second pic golden or golden duckwing,
Cockerel either light brown or black breasted red, yellow rooster is a split silver/gold mix impure colubian.

All have mixed coloring. The first pullet is closest to black breasted red. She is not golden duckwing. The second pullet is similar to blue breasted red. Neither of them are really right for those colors, though.

The first cockerel isn't right for any standard color variety. He's blue with red leakage.

The OEGB looks more like a Japanese bantam with his tail carried so high and his yellow legs. His coloring is not any standard color, either, but mixed. There is no other term for it.

So if the first pullet isn't golden, why do all the pictures that show up on google for 'golden phoenix bantam' look just like her?
And I think your right about the jap in the little rooster. Another member told me the same thing. He's also got some Rosecomb along his line to. The parents were not purebred. Thanks.

Golden is the same as golden duckwing, which she isn't, in my opinion. Golden hens are silvery with brown mixed in. Their neck feathers should be pale with black stripes down the middle. First picture is golden, second is BBR. You decide for yourself which yours is, I am just offering my opinion.
std_gold_phoenix.jpg
bbr phoenix.jpg
COMMON-COLOR-VARIATIONS-OF-THE-PHOENIX-CHICKEN-BREED.png

Now that I've looked at phoenix breeders websites I think your probably right about all there colors. The cockerel might be a dunn but since the feathers have black in the middle it's probably just a blue/red. The first pullet is probably black breasted red, second must be a mix of the dunn and BB red. Thanks.

Now that I've looked at phoenix breeders websites I think your probably right about all there colors. The cockerel might be a dunn but since the feathers have black in the middle it's probably just a blue/red. The first pullet is probably black breasted red, second must be a mix of the dunn and BB red. Thanks.
Hmmm I didn't know Phoenix came in dun, but that is a good possibility. Yours are pretty chickens. I like the colors. I bet the male will be beautiful when he's in full adult plumage.

Back
Top Bottom