Can anyone post pics of an Americauna/Barred Rock cross?

That will depend on the color of your Ameraucana. Is he a true Ameraucana, or an Easter Egger roo (from a hatchery)? Do you have a pic of him? Depending on his color, it's possible for the chicks to be sex linked.

This pullet is from a Blue Wheaton Ameraucana over Barred Rock hen:

DSC_0143.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful roo! I do believe your chicks will be sex linked - Barred cockerels and solid dark pullets. At hatch, look to see if some of them have a white spot on the head. Those would be your cockerels.

Now, I know this is how it SHOULD work, but it did not work out quite that way for me. My girl had a small white spot on the head, plus faint muddy barring as a chick. All signs pointed to boy. But she turned out a solid blue pullet. She was the only one of that combo that hatched, so unfortunately I didn't have any cockerels to compare. Maybe the cockerels would have had a larger white spot and could have been sexed at hatch much like a barred rock.

This was her as a chick:

37464_delilah3.jpg

37464_delilah1.jpg

37464_delilah4.jpg

And this is the daddy:

37464_victor.jpg

Howdy neighbor
frow.gif

What pretty birds! There's a thread here somewhere about a breeding project for cuckoo Ameraucana, you might check that out. Love the beards on barred birds
smile.png

Hey neighbor too! Oh I will definitely need to check that out. And I'm hoping to find some nice birds at the Fall poultry swap this October. If you are thinking of going, I'm sharing a booth with my friend who breeds frizzles. I'm hoping to find some quality Americaunas. I love my EEs, but would like some pure stock to start a new project.

Back
Top Bottom