Can anyone tell me what breed this is?

ctaynton

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 12, 2010
Eastern Oregon
This is a hen we purchased with some EE's and obviousley she isn't one, but what is she? She lays a light, cream colored egg and has slate colored legs.
51008_033.jpg

Mmmmm She's pretty, Can you get a picture of her standing up ? She is silver birchin colored and there are no pure largefowl heavy breeds that are silver birchin here in the US other than the very rare Silver Sussex and I highly doubt thats what you have, so she must be a cross. Can you get a side and front view pic of her please ?

Country_Gal@Heart :

I'm new to this, but my guess is that she is a phoenix.
smile.png

Nope, Phoenix hens, even large fowl phoenix are much smaller than that an Silver Birchins are very rare in phoenix as well.​

I will go up and take a better picture of her. I have tried to research different breeds and can't seem to find anything that looks like her. She does kinda have "game" looking tail feathers. I will post a better picture. Thanks for the input.

Quote:
Where did you get her from, she does look like a Silver Sussex but they are very rare her in the US, as far as I know the only Silver Sussex her in the US would be the recent desents of Paul Bradshaw's Austrailian imports, and they are very pricey so its highly unlikely that you got a Silver Sussex with a group of EEs.

Oh hey wait I forgot about Birchin Marans, they are a largefowl heavy breed but you say she lays light eggs. But my guess would be a Birchin or Black Copper cross unless you know more about where she came from.

Quote:
Where did you get her from, she does look like a Silver Sussex but they are very rare her in the US, as far as I know the only Silver Sussex her in the US would be the recent desents of Paul Bradshaw's Austrailian imports, and they are very pricey so its highly unlikely that you got a Silver Sussex with a group of EEs.

Oh hey wait I forgot about Birchin Marans, they are a largefowl heavy breed but you say she lays light eggs. But my guess would be a Birchin or Black Copper cross unless you know more about where she came from.

She does look alot like a Birchen Marans but she is small and has tiny feet. She also lays a cream colored egg. Very puzzling. I got her from a small farm where I am sure they wouldn't know anything about her background. I have Marans and they are all largefowl heavy breeds and lay dark brown eggs. Thanks for you help. This is interesting!

Back
Top Bottom