Can anyone tell me what breed this is?

addicted2chics

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 3, 2013
B]

Here's the corrected pic
200x400px-04cd9aa2_IMG_20130831_210441.jpeg

I'm not sure, though. Definitely a roo but so many of them look alike, especially around this age. My first thought was dark brahma roo but I can't see the legs for feathers.

Here are some better pictures. We bought them from a feed store. They said they were pan fry specials because they didnt know what they were. We have 2 of them that look just alike. They are about 4 months old. They are in the pin with 3 roosters. Neither has laid an egg or crowed yet.

Ah. Yes. They are indeed likely hatchery quality Silver Laced Wyandottes. And both are definitely roosters, based on color, comb and especially saddle feathers.

I am new to chickens. As a matter of fact, these two were our first chickens. Since then we have bought several chicks, most just a few days old when purchased. I just had a couple questions about some things posted on here. I dont want to sound stupid but would like to know for future refrence.

What are saddle feathers?

What does hatchery quality mean? I'm guessing there is show quality and hatchery quality. Meaning breeders breed to the best coloring and hatcheries just put out whatever.

Back
Top Bottom