can anyone tell me what breed this is?

addicted2chics

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 3, 2013

These are the very first chicken we purchased when we first started chickens this past spring. We bought them from a farm supply store. They were marked pan fry special. Begining to think pan fry special ment roosters. We bought 5 and all 5 were roos.

These are the very first chicken we purchased when we first started chickens this past spring. We bought them from a farm supply store. They were marked pan fry special. Begining to think pan fry special ment roosters. We bought 5 and all 5 were roos.

Yes, pan fry special means they are roosters. They are sold as meat chickens. Next time you should ask for females (pullets). You can find hens for sale on Craigslist and other places, if you want laying hens now.

Those look like Easter Eggers, which are usually similar to Ameraucana chickens, but do not meet the breed standards.

What do you plan to do with the roosters?

Last edited:
Im gonna have to thin down the roosters. I plan on getting rid of the darker one. I also have 2 of what I was told were silver laced wynodett roosters. I will need to get rid of one of them also.

Im gonna have to thin down the roosters. I plan on getting rid of the darker one. I also have 2 of what I was told were silver laced wynodett roosters. I will need to get rid of one of them also.

Silver Laced Wyandottes are pretty birds. Here are pictures of them.

I just purchased 3 Amarucana laying hens today. I dont have any SLW hens. We purchased several chicks from cackle hatchery of different breeds but still too young for me to tell only about 2 months old.

Back
Top Bottom