Can anyone tell me what these are?

TheFarmMama

Songster
10 Years
Nov 4, 2009
Stafford, VA
Hey yall, we did a swap down in Orange, VA today and picked up some Polish babies...can't find a pic to compare these little ones to-anyone know what color they'll be? The other pic is of our "mystery" chick that was given to us for free. SUPER cute with its little polka dot like eyes. No one seems to know what this one is. Thanks!

IMG_6370-3.jpg

IMG_6364-3.jpg

I am guessing of course: A tophat, ie buff laced or golden laced Polish and maybe a Buttercup with those eyes. Changed my mind about the second one, is it a bantam? I'm off to research.

OK, Murray McMurray has a pic of a Golden penciled hamburg or maybe silver laced that is a lot like your chick, and the Buttercups look spotted around the head as well, the hens have the barring pattern. Definitely barred or spangled or penciled.

I love Polish, don't you think it's head is a bit fuzzy? I'm leanin towards the Penciled.

Edited for content!!! Can't make up my mind

Last edited:
A buff laced would make my day! The others I got were the white crested black and goldens. Buttercups are adorable! It's so neat learning which chick is which breed...sooooo many different fluffy butts!

You are defintely right about it looking very similiar to the pencileds. This is going to drive me crazy lol

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom