Can anyone tell my what breed this chick is?

lolodalton

In the Brooder
Mar 20, 2020
Knoxville, TN
She is a Meyer Hatchery chick from the assorted rare collection. She is 6 weeks old tomorrow. We've figured out what her "sisters" are, but have absolutely no idea what breed she might be. Those feathers are amazing! Oh, and her legs are dark - not slate like the lavender orpington but dark - maybe willow? I think she's gorgeous. Thanks guys!!
chicken.jpg

I'm going to guess a silver penciled rock.
Thanks for your reply! That was my guess as well - except for those legs...the rocks are yellow and hers are definitely not. Maybe there is some variation in leg color for the silver penciled version. Those hens are gorgeous, though and I'd be super happy if that's what she is!

Thanks for your reply! That was my guess as well - except for those legs...the rocks are yellow and hers are definitely not. Maybe there is some variation in leg color for the silver penciled version. Those hens are gorgeous, though and I'd be super happy if that's what she is!
She really is a pretty girl. Her leg color might change as she matures. I've had some confusing birds that taught me that!

Thanks! That had also crossed my mind because of the legs and the fact that we couldn't readily identify her feather pattern. I know EE can have all sorts of pattern/colors b/c of their mutt status. But she is gorgeous!
Yes, they're very interesting looking mutts.

Back
Top Bottom