Can Bobwhite and coturnix quail live together?

Quail Enjoyer

Hatching
Apr 14, 2023
Hi I'm new here and I just want to ask if bobwhite and coturnix quail live together if the aviary/enclosure is big enough. I am planning on getting about 10-12 more coturnix quail and I already have a breeding pair of bobwhite quail I got from a friend. To save space I have been looking into if they can live together and I have just been seeing people say that they can't, but I was wondering if the enclosure was big enough that they could live together fine? Thank you in advance.

You basically answered you're question! It isn't a good idea to mix different species of quail together....even if the aviary is huge, there will be arguments and you will most likely lose some birds....most likely the Coturnix will lose the argument.

if you have enough room for a huge avairy?...why not just build each their own!

You basically answered you're question! It isn't a good idea to mix different species of quail together....even if the aviary is huge, there will be arguments and you will most likely lose some birds....most likely the Coturnix will lose the argument.

if you have enough room for a huge avairy?...why not just build each their own!
Because there are only 2 bobwhites and I wanted to see if I could save some space but if it would be a problem I have a small chicken coop that would provide them with plenty of space if that would be better?

Because there are only 2 bobwhites and I wanted to see if I could save some space but if it would be a problem I have a small chicken coop that would provide them with plenty of space if that would be better?
That would be better, not trying to discourage you but they should be housed in their own enclosure. I have found this out the hard way...you'll save yourself alot of frustration, heartache by following this advice.

Yes it would, bobwhites are very aggressive and will most likely kill your Courtnix quail, if you wanted more quail I would suggest just getting more bobwhites as the same species tend to get along better than 2 different species at least in my experience. Good luck!

That would be better, not trying to discourage you but they should be housed in their own enclosure. I have found this out the hard way...you'll save yourself alot of frustration, heartache by following this advice.
Ok I can do that. Thanks for the advice I really appreciate it.

Yes it would, bobwhites are very aggressive and will most likely kill your Courtnix quail, if you wanted more quail I would suggest just getting more bobwhites as the same species tend to get along better than 2 different species at least in my experience. Good luck!
Yeah I had seen that but I had also seen people keep them in the same enclosure before so I was just wondering if I could do the same. Thanks though.

Back
Top Bottom