Can cats go Insane? and oh, can dogs of OCD?

Quote:
Hehe. i give the food, water and my dad did the housebreaking
lol.png

Dogs can have OCD. We have a rat terrier with that problem. It takes alot of time and attention to break them of their OCD habits. Generally what I have heard about doggy ocd is obvious over grooming habits. Ours would constantly groom himself and the other dogs, which drove us all crazy. We followed som advice we found online and were able to get rid of most of the problems (the most annoying ones). Now the only time it pops up is when he thinks his black spots are fleas and trys to groom them off. A little front line takes care of the problem.
smile.png

However, I would venture to say that what you are describing is separation anxiety more than anything else.

Quote:
I am going to respond to this as it is correct information. My best friend had a Maltese and his companion was a spayed female mini-schnauzer. Muffin passed away and the Maltese stopped eating, would never come inside, started losing weight.

I have always wanted a small poodle or maltese like dog, and they gave him to me in October of 2010, thinking the change of home would help him. And it did. I am happy to report that Micro is ensconced in this household as a family member now.

Sometimes when an animal loses a companion they become depressed or latch onto a new partner.

Back
Top Bottom