Odd Hen Behavior - Is This Normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics
I agree with the more pictures sentiment, but for different reasons. The picture is well enough quality that you can see they're both obviously female. I was wondering if you could get a few photos of them together, maybe not mounting, but just their daily activities. When they're not mounting are they still friends? how much time do they spend together. is it only one in particular that's being mounted? how do you feel you are "loosing business" and how have you been running this business (no offense) if you didn't know until this thread how eggs are produced? (i know its a lot of questions but logistics-wise it's important).

I was wondering if you could get a few photos of them together
I will try when I get home from work but they don't do much.
When they're not mounting are they still friends? how much time do they spend together.
They spend most of their time together and the mounting is happening less and less often so I think that's good, right? They are still friends when they aren't mounting. They will go on walks around the field together.
is it only one in particular that's being mounted?
no, they both would do it.
how do you feel you are "loosing business"
Because I sell most of my chicks and chickens to farmers that don't have enough chickens and because I only have 8 chickens (including 2 roosters) right now, and those two of them don't want to be too close to the males, I only have 4 other females that produce eggs.
how have you been running this business (no offense) if you didn't know until this thread how eggs are produced?
I have been running this business for around 2 weeks because of the passing of my grandfather but he only gave me a few tips before he died. So I am very new to this kind of thing. I have had some help from my grandmother but she is also really old so she can't do too much. My grandfather told me about Stacy and Heather but he didn't specify if they were just friends or not. That's why I came on here for help.

I don't think it's as much fighting as it is about accuracy. Kinda like a picture is hung but a person is hanged. Words matter.
I just wanted to make sure nothing bad happens so the thread doesn't close down again! Just being extra cautious!

Because I sell most of my chicks and chickens to farmers that don't have enough chickens and because I only have 8 chickens (including 2 roosters) right now, and those two of them don't want to be too close to the males, I only have 4 other females that produce eggs.
so you only sell fertilized eggs? the eggs they produce are just unfertilized, they're safe to eat and sell, and only certain eggs that your chickens lay will be fertilized (i'm not an expert on hatching eggs so ill turn that over to someone else) point is, when you said you sell born and unborn chickens, did you mean you sell eggs that will hatch chicks and baby chicks? if so, you're not backed into a corner, your regular chickens will be laying unfertilzed eggs too, and you can sell them, those are the ones that people eat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom