Can chickens eat boiled apples as a warm winter treat?

Mine love it when I make a mash out of their regular crumble feed with hot water. They like it moist and clumpy, not runny. By the time it's mixed and I get out there, it's not hot anymore (cools down fast, so I start out hot), but it's very nice and warm. Like oatmeal, except you don't have to worry about calories and their diet :lol: So it's a treat that's not really a treat, and it can be made warm on cold days.

I do this too with the dust/crumbles that accumulate at the bottom of our feeders so none of it is wasted; they FREAK out when I do it, like I'm bringing warm gold for them to eat ahah

I do this too with the dust/crumbles that accumulate at the bottom of our feeders so none of it is wasted; they FREAK out when I do it, like I'm bringing warm gold for them to eat ahah
That’s what I did at first, too. But they love it so much that I started making it for them every day, straight from the bag, because I’d run out of dust too quickly 😄 It’s our daily routine now. They love eating it, and I love making and feeding it to them. It smells so tasty when it’s moist and warm!

Back
Top Bottom