Can chickens eat...chicken?

annep

Songster
8 Years
Mar 4, 2011
I boiled some chicken parts for stock and it just seems to be a waste to throw them away..right now, they're in my freezer...but, is it bad to feed it to a chicken? Please end this debate between my hubby and me..Thanks

Of course they can and will eat chicken and they like it and it's good for them. Now don't listen to the nay sayers who believe it's wrong or they will turn into cannibles etc etc. if you don't want to waste good stock use it in the pen's and don't worry any further.

I am a huge believer in making my own stock..My Dad taught me that...boil it forever, and it's good for joints, etc...why woudn't it be good for them, I thought??

Quote:
hahahahaha when i give my chickens some chicken i always imagine there are like ROXY ROXY IS THAT YOU!?!? o wait Roxy's right there...
lol.png
yippiechickie.gif

My chickens eat each other & I can't stop it !!! Stupid birds!! I love em to death & their still great layers but I swear one day their gonna literally eat each other so yes feeding them chicken is OK.

last year we put the pan with our Thanksgiving turkey outside, and what do you know, the chickens finished it off....yikes!
They loved it, nothing wrong with it....( chicken and turkey meat, about the same thing...)

A little different opinion...sorry.
Yes, chickens are cannibalistic by design....but...
Personally, we don't feed back chicken. I just keep thinking of that whole mad cow disease fiasco--created by cows eating beef by-products) and worry.
Probably not a real issue with chickens, and no doubtt cooking makes it even safer, but as for us we err on the side of caution.

Back
Top Bottom