Can chickens eat fox meat?

Somewhere online, I read about a Chicken owner the was a believer in Live and Let Live. He was having loses due to Fox predation. The owner began terminating old non-productive chickens and place them in the vicinity of the Foxes Den. The unwanted predation Stopped. Could work, could Ring the Dinner Bell for other predators. Just a thought. The Fox is just being a Fox. WE create the conditions that invite them to have a Chicken Dinner. A Premier One Electric Fence will let the birds Free Range, and keep ALL predators away from having to be Shot. Quite unusual for a VEGAN to be killing. Thought that was grounds to lose your Union Card!:idunno:lau...JJ

I love the idea of live and let live but after ya see a few of your chickens dead, the morality issues get pretty grey. On the flip side if you cook that fox share the recipe.

Last edited:
I know this is an old thread. I was having a fox issue last fall. He was staying away from the chickens, but only because of the electric fence. He would bed down right next to it and watch. He also decided to come up on my porch for absolutely no good reason. No food other than what is actively growing in the garden is EVER kept outside because of bears.

The little bugger was quick. I gotta give him that. By the time I would be able to get the shotgun, he'd be gone. We did talk about if it was fair to feed a fox to the chickens. We decided it was. They have yet to taste a fox, but the day might come.

Back
Top Bottom