Can chickens eat hummus?

yuckyuck.gif
!

I think they would love it!!

the beans or the prepared stuff? u should sprout them first most likely.. but chick peas are high in protein...
since its a nationwide food here i wouldnt waste the grabanzo beans (chick peas)on the chickens unless they were leftovers from friday dinner (we soak them over night then cook them really really slowly with onions and garlic, to be served with friday dinner and then saturday brunch)...

bina
israel

Can chickens eat hummus? I don't see why they couldn't.

It should be safe. If you are buying it pre-made, just check the label as sometimes they really put a lot of salt in it and too much salt is a bad idea. Otherwise, as an occasional treat, I do not see where it would be harmful.

hummus that americans buy in the stores is mixed with lots of other stuff to keep it from spoiling because home made real hummous spoils within 2 days and can be very very nasty; the stuff u buy has stabilizers, pure tehina (sesame seeds ground up as opposed to tahini salad which includes lemon and stuff), lots of salt, and other baddies. here there are as many kinds of salad hummous as there are types of peanutbutter in america, so again, best to buy the dry beans (peas) soak over night in baking soda water, then cook very slowly for many hours, and blend, OR just soak and sprout like any other seed/bean u would sprout which would be much healthier for chickens...
bina
israel

Back
Top Bottom