can chickens live in your home premenantly

Pics
Well! Honestly! I'm ccompletely disgusted.
I would never keep a chicken in the house. You need lots. Any less than lots is downright cruel.
Then there are those horrid roosters. How could anyone even consider keeping such a vicious aggressive creature in the house. You need at least two so they fight with each other and not you.
I mean the next thing you know one of those hens will do that disgusting egg laying thing. I mean have you ever seen how gross that is.
I mean where does it stop? The next thing they'll be trying to breed and we wouldn't want any animal sex in the house now would we.
Before you know it they'll be sitting and hatching their children in the house and what's even worse, they'll expect you to feed their kids.
I spent my youth on a farm so I know that no one in their right mind would let all thhat go on when you can by a perfectly badly damaged chick born in an incubator for less than a dollar.
I mean really people they're just chickens. It's not like they are dogs or cats or snakes or whatever.
Nope! Not on my watch. No chicken in the house unless they bring their families with them. Absolute rule as far as I'm concerend.
P1112352.JPG
P2071403.JPG
P1170079.JPG
P7020766 (Large).JPG
P9111798.JPG
P1241327.JPG
P7151627.JPG

Attachments

• P2032335.JPG
    P2032335.JPG
    130.8 KB · Views: 1
  • P4223274.JPG
    P4223274.JPG
    155.9 KB · Views: 1
No judgement at all, but be aware of the commitment you’re making. I’ve seen some people with both regular sized chickens and bantams. As a bantam owner, I can tell you that it’s equally as demanding.
Chickens are dependent on social interaction. I raised a single chick during Covid, and I could see that was true. A hen alone may scream very loud and crow like a rooster if left alone (but dependent on your social interaction). It’s because she would be distressed.
You would have to start diaper training then at a specific age. Don’t neglect their need for sunlight, they’ll get sick. Keep their immune system up since they’re not being exposed outdoors. They very likely won’t cuddle with you after they’ve become full grown. My hen is friendly, but she’s an animal and I accept that I can’t hold her all the time. She just doesn’t want that. Chickens generally aren’t cuddly. They want to perch, socialize, hang out. Their preferences may change from that young age. The animal can refuse to do what you want: like going in a cage to sleep and wanting to perch. Suppressed tendencies could possibly lead to aggression as well.

Back
Top Bottom