can different breeds of quail mate each other?

if they are the same "breed" then no problem - ie silver coturnix plus brown coturnix plus white coturnix, all different breeds of the same species. But if by "breeds" you mean "species", then no - species should be kept separate and most of the time do not interbreed. Good way to check is if all the eggs are speckled, they are all coturnix regardless of what breed. If the eggs are white, they are likely bobwhite eggs with a slight possibility of them being californias/gambels/etc. All the bobwhite breeds can be housed together and all the coturnix breeds can be housed together and can mate and produce fertile eggs, but bobwhites and coturnix shouldn't live together. I have done it before but it's risky, I would not reccomend it. What colour are your eggs?

yep they're all coturnix eggs - all from the same species so regardless of what colour they turn out to be, they can live together and breed and make fertile offspring.

Hi I've got two male king quails I'm gonna get mates for them but evry time I look up online king quails the colours are white and gingar as well so I'm just wondering can they have more then just one colour

If any one from nsw Australia dubbo or some were close there and have king quail female please tell

I want quail chicks (00)

Back
Top Bottom