Can dogs?

Of course! Haven't you seen "Lady and the Tramp"?

Seriously, My chickens get all the table scraps but my dogs have eaten that kind of stuff a hundred times. What would make you ask that?

God Bless,

Sure they can.....I know my dogs seem wierd to others, but they LOVE cherry tomatoes....cucumbers..carrotts..potatoes raw....and almost ANY fruit. Maybe not lemons and limes...but they love banana, apples, grapes, oranges..cantelope, and watermelon...I know....wierd dogs...but HEALTHY! LOL

It's the only table scraps I DON'T give my German Shepherd Rex. Could have been coincidence but the two times he had a really bad upset stomach, that hit him in the middle of the night (and I'll spare you the details) were when he had a little red pasta sauce.

Quote:
From a dog trainer and a person who breeds show dogs, there's nothing wrong with giving dogs people food.

Dog food is nothing more than people food that's not approved for us to eat because the ingredients are too poor in quality. "Dog food" was only invented 70 years ago at the end of WWII as a byproduct industry when slaughtering increased.

As long as you use common sense--avoid spicy, fatty foods and only give them tidbits in moderation, away from the table--there's nothing wrong with people food. In fact, it's all my dogs eat. They don't eat "dog food."

Amy

I had a dog once I fed spaghetti too and a couple hours later the dog was bloated up and grunting in pain. I rush the dog to the vet and it's after hours so it's a extra $100 for the visit. Well she just happen to be allergic to something in the sauce. I was told not to give her people food. But she was the only dog that ever happen too. I give my min pin table scraps and he loves it. So I guess it just depends on the dog.

Back
Top Bottom