can ducks eat plain yogurt ?

It is "sticky" because it is always there. But you have to be on the forum page (in this case Ducks) where all the threads are listed. Go to the top of this page and click the "Go" button to the right of the Ducks pull-down. Then you should see the picture I posted. Then click on that link I circled.

what about ducklings?
I personally don't give ducklings anything but crumble as food until at least 1 month. I throw little tiny pieces of lettuce in the bath to encourage swimming and that gives them the runs. Ducklings develop so incredibly fast that I want to be sure all the nutrients they need are in their food all the time. Once their growth starts to slow down, their bodies can better handle a diet that is balanced overall (Monday they got lots of one nutrient and none of another and Tuesday it was the other way around), but when they are growing at 10-30% of their body weight per day, I am more comfortable with them having just the food that was formulated for that growth.

Also if you do feed them anything other than their crumble (or let them forage at all), they need to have chick grit available.

Last edited:
I have grit. i have been giving in small amounts? I had crumble but local feed store sold me mash.????

ducklings can eat yogurt. I started offering mine very small amount of of yogurt, greens etc at around one week. Free choice grit and plenty of water for rinsing.

and truly, stand back. they can sling stuff really far for things so tiny :).

Back
Top Bottom