Can Easter Egger chickens lay brown eggs ever?

cupman

Songster
8 Years
Apr 12, 2011
Portland, OR
This morning I let my hens out and I noticed one EE making a mad sprint off in a random direction. I figured she had a rogue nest in my yard so I followed her. I saw her crawl into this really deformed tree we have that has a nice cubby hole in the bottom.. perfect for laying eggs. She saw me and gave me the stare down so I left her alone. I checked the nest later and I found three brown eggs, no green. I've always had my suspicion that one of my EE's was laying brown because I only seemed to get one green egg every 3 or 4 days. Is this even possible?

This morning I let my hens out and I noticed one EE making a mad sprint off in a random direction. I figured she had a rogue nest in my yard so I followed her. I saw her crawl into this really deformed tree we have that has a nice cubby hole in the bottom.. perfect for laying eggs. She saw me and gave me the stare down so I left her alone. I checked the nest later and I found three brown eggs, no green. I've always had my suspicion that one of my EE's was laying brown because I only seemed to get one green egg every 3 or 4 days. Is this even possible?
Will you please add a photo. My eggs all look alike, but I am now certain my EE started laying last week (which makes me feel terrible for not celebrating it!) I need to have a 100% certainty that brown is brown. Like RIR, BROWN!

Back
Top Bottom