Can Easter Eggers be pure white or buff colored?

carmenmerrill

In the Brooder
May 11, 2015
North Dakota
My Coop
My Coop
I started my flock almost 8 weeks ago, bought 15 chicks + an extra free one through the mail, lost 4 over the next few days, so now I'm left with a dozen hens. I'm pretty sure I have the following:

2 Egyptian Fayoumis
3 Polish, two silver laced, one white crested black
1 Delaware
2 Easter Eggers
I'm not sure about the remaining four birds, one all white and one buff colored, and then two with reddish coloring and no beards or muffs.

Please let me know what you think, as I'm not familiar with different breeds of chickens.
1f60a.png
Thank you!

Are these Easter Eggers? They both have muffs and greenish legs.

Yes, those are Easter Eggers. Because EEs are hybrids produced by crossing blue egg layers with brown egg layers, EEs can be almost any color, including white and buff.

I see all Easter Eggers in these pictures. Been looking myself for white EE........I get close and then BAM! They end up black and white with red shoulders. <sigh> Two out of my original 5 Easter Eggers were smoothed faced, so muffs and puffs aren't infallible indictators.

I have two like that one....my Agatha and a 9 week old chick that I think will be similar but maybe a little lighter than Agatha. I really like having Easter Eggers - it looks like someone painted a rainbow in the grass when they are out free ranging!

One of this year's chicks. For some stupid reason her name is "Frog."

These are two pictures of Agatha, one when she was about 4 months old and one taken last fall with her little chick, Scout.

Back
Top Bottom