Can humans lice affect chicken

Saaniya

Crazy Chicken Mom
6 Years
Aug 31, 2017
New Delhi India
Hi all! Happy winters
I am so in trouble from evening
Some kids come at my home meet my roosters and play with them after they go I see a lice crawling on bed and it freaked me do human lice affect chicken? Do I need to worry ? What should I do ?

do human lice affect chicken? Do I need to worry ? What should I do ?
They might get bit... but they will not set up shop on a chicken if they are human lice. Lice are species specific. And so poultry lice is also not of infestation concern to human hosts or vice versa.

Be sure and protect yourself so YOU don't catch the lice. And maybe help those kids get rid of them too?? :fl

Vacuuming to catch any thing that may have fallen off. Launder and dry on high heat any blankets, etc. Permethrin is an effective control if needed in outbreaks, but not sure if you have that available or not.

Hope your boys are doing well! :)

They might get bit... but they will not set up shop on a chicken if they are human lice. Lice are species specific. And so poultry lice is also not of infestation concern to human hosts or vice versa.

Be sure and protect yourself so YOU don't catch the lice. And maybe help those kids get rid of them too?? :fl

Vacuuming to catch any thing that may have fallen off. Launder and dry on high heat any blankets, etc. Permethrin is an effective control if needed in outbreaks, but not sure if you have that available or not.

Hope your boys are doing well! :)

Thank God! Yeah we are going to clean everything tomorrow thank you so much for help
:bow:hugs

Back
Top Bottom