Can I breed broodyness back in? Inky poroblem to...

Is little male a confirmed male? Have you checked his vent? I have 3 females with my male and he mates each one all the time. Randy bugger! One of them must be a favourite, because she is getting a small bald patch.

I agree, I would check that he is a confirmed male. Also how old are they? I would guess some males might just take a little longer to mature.

She died unfortunately, we think our cat got to her outside in the pen because the holes were larger than the original.

So, now down to 1 lone male who's living in the home ( & shitting on the floor + eating from its own dish in the kitchen
th.gif
)

& Big male & Golden hen.

Now I have an interesting question, are coturnix quail burrowers?

Because we have a thick layer of shavings on the floor of the rabbit shed ( I've had to move everything into shelter because of the weather, today we had gails & hail stones) & there are actual burrows going under one of the hutches. Its certainly not rats or mice.

This burrow has 2 entrances & seems to go back to a hollow right at the back.

The hutches were only moved in there yesterday & the quail are loose on the floor. They have excavated a large amount of shavings to construct these tunnels.
I've also not had an egg today, but the hen I performed an autopsy on had an egg developing, which tells me the other hen should have laid today
wink.png
so I think she's already stashing eggs.

Under the hutch is very private to, I'd have to remove the hutch base to see underneath. The tunnels lead right to the back.

Back
Top Bottom