Can i breed brother and sister pigeon but not from the same brood of eggs?

Chirping
6 Years
Feb 1, 2013
I want to know this because my pigeons are currently having the eggs and i want to know that when these ones hatch and grow that if i can breed the more younger ones in the future togeather with the older ones if that makes sense.

So i would be putting an older generation from the same parents and the younger one from the same parent. Would this be better than breeded both pigeons from the same age eggs togeather.

If you can answer this question it would really help
smile.png

If they came from the same parents it hardly makes a difference. But if you breed that way for too long on a restricted gene pool you'll start to see some inbreeding depression showing up. You just need to bring in some new blood to cure that. For right now, you ought to be fine.

It doesn't matter the age difference, if they are from the same parents it will make no difference how far apart they are born.

That is inbreeding, when you breed two siblings, and is generally fine for a few generations but sometimes leads to issues down the road.

I would suggest you do some line-breeding, breed either the brothers and sisters you are talking about back to their parents, or inbreed the brothers/sisters together 1 generation, then start linebreeding by breeding the resulting offspring back to them, if you follow. (Son to mother, father to daughter.)

And as mentioned above it is also very effective to bring in unrelated birds and incorporate their blood.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom