Can I clean my LG w/PinSol ?????

4roosandahen

In the Brooder
11 Years
Feb 26, 2008
Oklahoma
My Coop
My Coop
Can you clean a LG with PineSol or will it ruin it? I am of course asking after the fact and now that I have some eggs on the way I am worried the PineSol might lower my hatch rate even lower then it was last time. ahhhhh, Help!

I would just use the old method of cleaning with a 1/10 dilution of bleach... and let it air out really really well... I just wipe down my wood bator... it literally has a whole quart of urethane on it though... and it's only about one cubic foot on the inside.

I cleaned mine with pine-sol (the kind with disinfectant in it), rinsed it very well and let it dry. I got 14 out of 15 hatch. I will probably use bleach next time because so many recommend it, but I wouldn't worry about it if you have already used it.

I just use a dish detergent and a rag to clean it. Then I rinse it a lot.
Finally, let it dry out, in the sunlight if possible to kill any remaining germs.

ok, from this point on I need to do a search on the forum befeore I go doing things like cleaning, hatching, etc
tongue.png

Thanks for the quick replies.

I would let it sit in the sun for two days to burn out the soap and what ever bacteria it missed. I use soft scrub with bleach on mine and sit it in the sun for two days.

Back
Top Bottom