Can I cut Silkies feather on back to get poop off?

Put a large cutting board over your sink, and hang her bum off the end. run hot water over the pooey feathers and carefully peel the poo off with a gloved hand. ounce she si poop free, you can towel her off, or hair dry her depending on how cold it is where you are. Then you can trim the features by her butt, so it doesn't happen again. Good luck, Avery

How cold is it near you? If you want to do a full bath than you need to make sure that she is completely dry before putting her back outside. I would try wrapping her in a towel and using a damp paper towel or cloth to gently dab/wipe at the poop. If you can't get it all off, you should probably cut the feathers. However, you should make sure that you are trimming as little of the feather as possible because of the sensitive skin near the vent.

Put a large cutting board over your sink, and hang her bum off the end. run hot water over the pooey feathers and carefully peel the poo off with a gloved hand. ounce she si poop free, you can towel her off, or hair dry her depending on how cold it is where you are. Then you can trim the features by her butt, so it doesn't happen again. Good luck, Avery
How cold is it near you? If you want to do a full bath than you need to make sure that she is completely dry before putting her back outside. I would try wrapping her in a towel and using a damp paper towel or cloth to gently dab/wipe at the poop. If you can't get it all off, you should probably cut the feathers. However, you should make sure that you are trimming as little of the feather as possible because of the sensitive skin near the vent.
i agree if it is cold where you live you could also put her under a heat lamp but if it is hot where you live I would let the sun take care of it

If you fully bathe her, you should do it inside with warm water. Afterward, dry her with a towel and a hairdryer on low. If it is hot/pretty warm out, you can put her out and keep an eye on her. If it is cool-cold out, you need to make sure she is totally dry before putting her out. She must regain her silkie poofiness.

Back
Top Bottom