Can I Do This?

Quote:
Geez, they'll kill ya for it. Put it down... now, RUN! And a ton of protein, so it's a very smart thing to do. Especially if you're vegetarian like me and can't offer much for protein (though chickens don't eat much meat anyway.).

Thanks for all the wonderful advice. Glad to have found this forum!
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Glad you like it here. But HOLD IT! Only feed the tuna in small amounts from time to time, it is not an everyday snack. The mercury in it can be unsafe when you feed too much of it.

The only thing that I would feed store bought eggshells to, would be my compost bin. Man; if you new the journey from vent to store... Uh uh; not in my body or anything I care about...

Now; backyard chicken eggs would be great
smile.png

you said it is for a laying hen... Is there a reason you aren't just feeding her own egg shells back to her? That's what we do.

Every time we have an egg shell left over when we cook an egg, we put it into a dish to save. Then we put the shells in the oven after we cook something (while it is still hot, but while it is cooling down). Then we smash them some, and serve them with the chicken feed or with the table scraps.

Also, when we have an egg with a cracked shell or a soft shell, we scramble it up and feed it to them. Or, if one of my kids drops an egg on the floor, I try to scoop as much of it up and into the frying pan as possible and scramble it for them. Basically, I try to not waste any food that they would love to eat.

Back
Top Bottom