Can I do this?

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by chickenranchwife, May 22, 2008.

1. chickenranchwife

chickenranchwife Chillin' With My Peeps

I am wondering if I can put my chicken eggs in with my duck eggs in the incubator? I started the duck eggs yesterday and am planning on putting in chicken eggs next wednesday. Let me know what you guys think.

2. ChickenToes

ChickenToes Chillin' With My Peeps

May 14, 2008
    NE Wisconsin
    I don't know if that's a good idea, I think the humidity needs to be different for duck and chicken eggs.

3. ChelleEnchanted

ChelleEnchanted Out Of The Brooder

Apr 30, 2008
    Ohio
    I wouldn't recommend it. Waterfowl need higher humidity, plus some people mist their duck eggs while they're in the incubator.

4. Julie08

Julie08 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 19, 2008
    Ontario, Canada
    I did it with 4 hatches last year continuous hatches at that with good results. I just put the ducks eggs on one side and chicken on the other. I misted the duck eggs being careful not to get water on the chicken eggs it seemed to give them the extra moisture they needed without effecting the chicken eggs

5. chickenranchwife

chickenranchwife Chillin' With My Peeps

I'd seen where some people did it. I like your idea Julie. The moisture was what I was wondering about. If Julie had success I think I might try it also. Thanks for the input everyone.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by