Can I feed my chicks horse pellets?

Mybunners

Hatching
Dec 10, 2021
I recently lost my horse. I have an open bag of purina senior horse pellets. Is it ok to feed to my chickens? It consists of wheat middlings, alfalfa meal, Ground soy bean hulls, cane molasses, soybean oil, ground corn, dried beat pulp, rice bran and flaxseed.

I wouldnt be too worried giving it to them 👍 I would put it in a seperate feeder or toss it to them as a treat every now and then. I wouldnt mix it with your regular feed though cause they might throw alot of it out and waste their good food. And I wouldnt use it as their sole food source incase it doesnt meet all their nutrient needs, but Id personally feel safe giving it to them 👍

I recently lost my horse. I have an open bag of purina senior horse pellets. Is it ok to feed to my chickens? It consists of wheat middlings, alfalfa meal, Ground soy bean hulls, cane molasses, soybean oil, ground corn, dried beat pulp, rice bran and flaxseed.
Picture of the feed tag on the bag?

Do you have rabbits too?
Welcome to BYC!

I just lost a senior mare and am feeding down 150# of Nutrena ProForce senior. I have been topping off my goat feed and the chicken feed a little at a time. The chickens really like it, the goats not as much. Basically just a handful on top of what they usually get. At $25 a bag I should have sold it.
Very sorry about your horse.
:(

I'm sorry for your loss. I would give it to them.

I just lost a senior mare and am feeding down 150# of Nutrena ProForce senior. I have been topping off my goat feed and the chicken feed a little at a time. The chickens really like it, the goats not as much. Basically just a handful on top of what they usually get. At $25 a bag I should have sold it.
Very sorry about your horse.
:(
Sorry to hear about your loss also.

Back
Top Bottom