Can I feed the pulp from the juicer?

I juice, too, and was thinking to give it to my girls. I'll try it out next time and see if they like it. I guess it would depend on what you put in there and if they like the flavors of those things, so one batch might go better than another.

We had the Juiceman, Jr. and it broke within a year. I picked up Jack Lalanne juicer at Target for $100 and it's lasted us 7 years, and I'm pretty rough on it.

Last time I juiced I took the pulp and added water and simmered it awhile and drained the liquid for vegetable stock.

I have a Jack Lalane and think it is great. It does an excellent job and is fairly easy to clean, except as noted before, it stains horribly. I have the white one and it is now orangeish. I clean it well and it still stains from the veggie pigments. I keep it under the counter so it does not bother me too much. I would still recommend it as a great juicer.

We started out and still use the S.S Jack l. (RIP)
Also have the Breville.

We are totaly into the organic juice thing... I am here in the Midwest, so I am at the mercey of purchasing all my Organics from Nov-April.

Chicks eat the pulp from the first week on.

I can't wait till spring.
barnie.gif

Last edited:
My chickens don't like pulp. I've tried many times, but nope, no way. It all ends in the compost anyway whether the chooks eat it or not. We love carrot-apple juice and recently started adding ginger. Beets, pears and celery are also delicious.

I once made "cookies" out of the pulp by making patties and dried them in the dehydrator. The flavor was good but they looked like turds and were hard to chew. Was kinda funny though. There must be a better way. The chickens didn't like the cookies either.

I have a white plastic juicer (Phoenix I think) and was able to get the stains off soaking in bleach water. We usually clean everything with baking soda (works great as shampoo!) or vinegar.

Hope I didn't just surrender my "Man Card".
duc.gif
hide.gif
big_smile.png

Glad that I found this thread. I am about to purchase a Jack Lalane juicer as well and I was hoping that I could give the pulp to my chickens. Looks like I can.
wee.gif

My chickens to not like pulp by itself maybe because I have a Green Star Elite that produces a very dry pulp. I add the pulp to my spent beer grains ( with additional water and other stuff) and let it sit overnight to soak up some flavor and moisture.

I came on here to SEE if it was ok to feed my Chicks juice pulp and am v-e-r-y excited to find out "yes".
Couldn't resist suggesting that you look at the utube video's of juice demo's. I have an Angel and it does everything and more then I expected. We juice only the best organic produce we can get, I've used other types of juicers and the taste, quality and yield from the Angel is fantastic.

Back
Top Bottom