Can I get some help from someone with careless neighbours who own dogs.

I’m thinking about getting guineas just to be an (bad word for butt) so they have to hear screaming every time the dogs get out
Oh, no, you will have even angrier neighbors if you get guineas. Guineas will scream all day every day - doesn't matter if there is danger or not.

No they get out at least once a day I’m just asking if they aren’t out this minute if I can call
Would the dogs go into a large live trap?

Or maybe shut your chickens in a safe coop, leave the door of the run ajar, and let the dogs run into the run. Then you can close the door and they are caught. (Depending on how the dogs act, you could use a long rope on the door to pull it shut from a distance, or you might be able to just walk up and close it.)

Either way, you could then call Animal Control and say "they are on my property NOW," and Animal Control could send someone out to collect them.

Actually, the first step is probably to see if Animal Control will come get the dogs if they are trapped or stuck on your property. If they won't, then think about whether you would want to just shoot the dogs if you did catch them.

Would the dogs go into a large live trap?

Or maybe shut your chickens in a safe coop, leave the door of the run ajar, and let the dogs run into the run. Then you can close the door and they are caught. (Depending on how the dogs act, you could use a long rope on the door to pull it shut from a distance, or you might be able to just walk up and close it.)

Either way, you could then call Animal Control and say "they are on my property NOW," and Animal Control could send someone out to collect them.

Actually, the first step is probably to see if Animal Control will come get the dogs if they are trapped or stuck on your property. If they won't, then think about whether you would want to just shoot the dogs if you did catch them.
Could I take them to the pound

Could I take them to the pound
That certainly might work-- it depends on the policies of the pound.

I've encountered some dog pounds that will only accept dogs from certain areas, not other ones: for example, only dogs that were found inside the town limits, not ones from the nearby rural area.

I could give them to someone I know but my neighbors don’t to take them to the pound
Yes, that could also work.

That certainly might work-- it depends on the policies of the pound.

I've encountered some dog pounds that will only accept dogs from certain areas, not other ones: for example, only dogs that were found inside the town limits, not ones from the nearby rural area.

Yes, that could also work.
I took my dog there after two weeks of finding her a home but no one wanted a chicken killing dog

Back
Top Bottom