can i give my quails regular chick starter?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by KattyKillFish, Apr 8, 2009.

1. KattyKillFish

KattyKillFish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    i have plenty of game bird starter but for future reference can i give them regular chick starter? if not where can i get more game-bird starter? i've only found it on Ebay and not as much as i want for such a high price (15.00/3lbs)
    anyone?

2. monarc23

monarc23 Coturnix Obsessed

Jul 18, 2008
    Indiana, Pennsylvania
    yeppers you can but if the protien is lower than 24% or something like that you will need to suppliment thier diet. Ground up kitty food, boiled eggs, and insects are great protien supplimenting sources. [​IMG]

The feed i feed is for game birds, ducks AND chickens, however the protien is low, so i have to suppliment. dont follow any specific amounts I just make sure to supliment their diet atleast once a week with protien if not more.

Trout in their diet coming soon! [​IMG]

3. KattyKillFish

KattyKillFish Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2009
    Dillingham, Alaska
    cool! thanks. i have plenty of freeze-dried bugs. i've got meal worms, fly larva, crickets, silkworm pupae, i could go on and on. thanks for the info, it really helps. do you get your feed locally or do you have it shipped? there isn't anywhere local to get it here, we aren't on the road system and the nearest feed store is something like 300 miles away.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by