Can I give this to my teacher without coming across a dork?

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by kargo, Oct 17, 2009.

1. kargo

kargo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 8, 2009
    My best friend and I had a pretty awful week. We had no school on Monday. Tuesday, we came back to discover that our favorite teacher, Mrs. W, was absent. We were really sad all day because of that. We had been looking forward to asking her how little blue (her unborn son that weve nicknamed until he gets an actual name) was doing. So that was pretty much Tuesday. Wednesday we had to take PSATS, and anyone who's ever taken those knows they are awful. Our brains were hurting from the confusion quetions that for the most part we haven't learned about yet. Plus, Mrs. W still wasn't back. We were starting to worry that she'd come down with swine flu. We asked our Biology teacher, who informed us that Mrs. W just wasn't feeling well. The next day was Thursday, and we had English class again. (We didn't have it the day before because of PSATs.) Still no Mrs. W. We were worried and just plain bummed out by now. We finally got so worried that we asked Mrs. H, the school administrator, how she was. She said that Mrs. W's doctor had told her she needed to stay home and rest for the rest of the week and that she had been put on pain meds. Poor Mrs. W! We felt bad about that. Worse, we had three hard tests that day. Then, we got thrown under the bus by ourclassmates to the teavher. We were the only ones working! Then they say we're not doing anything and it's all our fault! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Grrr. The teacher got upset. It was awful. Friday, we went to school with sad faces from the beginning. We already knew that Mrs. W would be stuck at home anyway, and that we would have to have a sub. We missed her alot. We even wrote so on her board. (Someone else had already left a message on the sae board that saod, "We love you! and your baby!) The whole week we were pretty dissapointed. This teacher is so sweet to us. She likes us. We've gotten a little attatched. Can you blame us, since no one our age likes us? She's not too much older than us, anyway. Max I'd say is 12 years. 12's a lot, but it's a lot different than the several teachers we have who are 55 or so.

Anywho, in Algebra, since we had a lot going on this week and she still had to grade our tests (plus Fridays are shorter) our teacher let us mess around and draw or write notes to each other. We started feeling really bad for Mrs. W, so we decided to draw pictures to give to her. That's what my question is really about. I'm wondering if my picture is too stupid to give to her. Plus, it may be a no-no in high school that I don't know about...

Here are three pictures of the picture I drew. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Obviously I have the worst artistic talent ever, but I thought I'd try, anyway. It's the thought that counts, right? Anyway, I'm wondering if it's okay to give this to her on Monday? (if she's there. If she's not I'll just leave it on her desk.) For more info. on this, check out my other topics. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=250934
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=255987
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=255178
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=253074
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=247963
    And
    the main one:
    https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=246109

2. 1stepcloser

1stepcloser Poultry In Motion

Sep 16, 2009
    Dover, TN
    I think you are becoming a little obsessed with your teacher. Just saying... [​IMG]

3. redhen

redhen Kiss My Grits... Premium Member

May 19, 2008
    Western MA
    Wow you sure have alot of topics about this teacher..
    I say follow your gut..if you think its weird to give it to her then dont. Or if you feel its okay to give it to her, then do it.
    Your a big girl now..you can make some of these decisions on your own now.. Good luck! [​IMG]

4. kargo

May 8, 2009
    Just because I can make the deciions doesn't mean it's wrong to ask.

Anyway, if anyone cares, I did give her the picture. She was really excited. She told e I wa sweet at least 5 times. Even with my terrible art. This is exactly what I intended. Not a weirdo thing like everyone else seems to think, but something to cheer her up. I figured she was having problems and it would be kind to do something for her. Guess what? I was right!

5. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    I think its sweet.

My son got a TON of cards made by his classmates when he was in the hospital - it made me cry! [​IMG]

6. kargo

May 8, 2009
    ^Thanks. I think she deserves to be cheered up. Poot hing. She was crying in class today! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Felicia

Felicia Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Michigan
    Quote:I don't think anyone was trying to look down on you in any way. Remember when your reading stuff people type, you can't hear the way they are saying it. And that can change things a lot. When you read something you don't like, just take a deep breath and move on. It's not worth your time to fret about sweet heart. [​IMG] When you ask for advice, you always have a chance of hearing what you don't want to hear. Just prepare yourself for it, or ask an adult/mentor/friend what they think, and go with your gut. [​IMG]

8. kargo

May 8, 2009
    ^ Thanks. I didn't mean to come across rud. It's not people on here really. There were some people at school that were kind of making fun of it.

Plus, there was a person on here who sent me a PM saying they think I'm obsessed with my teacher and I have a crush on her. (FUlly knowing that both of us are girls.) THey saw nothign wrong with it. I don't know about you guys, but I wasn't raised that way. I was raised to never ever do somethign like that, and am sorely dissapointed that someone would think that. Not to mention a little afraid I might actually be insanely obssessed.

Oh my gosh. I can't stop thinking about when I saw her crying. [​IMG] [​IMG] It's like when my dad got sick. He would fall and wouldn't be able to get up. It's just one of those things. You think dad are strong and that will never happen. It's the same with Mrs. W. You think teachers are strong and would never expect to see one cry. I was freaking out, especially since this one is so nice to me. I would say close, but I don't know. SOmetimes I think se thinks I'm an idiot who wastes her time.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2009
  9. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

Quote:I agree.

10. PotterWatch

PotterWatch My Patronus is a Chicken

Apr 22, 2008
    Virginia
    I think that perhaps you are becoming more attatched to this teacher than regularly happens. Perhaps due to the devestating loss of your father, you are searching for an emotional attatchment to another security figure. I think that perhaps you need to speak with a school counselor or someone such as that and explain all these things you have posted here. I don't think that you really have a crush on this teacher, but I do think that you are becoming more attatched than is normal.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by