Can I house A&M quails with Button quails...???

azer

Songster
6 Years
Mar 17, 2013
Moreno Valley , CA
Hello, I just hatched out A&M quails 7 of them. Today I hatched out Button Quails. I would like to know if I could house them together... I wouldn't want them to cross breed.. Can somebody please help out on this???

I tried to brood buttons and bobwhites together as they hatched out the same time, and bobs ate the beaks off from the buttons.I would keep them separate.
In N.H.,Tony.

I kept one button with 13 coturnix until about 3-4 weeks, then the size difference got to be too much and I was worried even though nothing happened.

It was funny though because the button never shut up and never stopped moving. He'd run over and under his adopted siblings and they didn't care. It worked for us because we need one friend for a rescue button and he just happened to be in the box of coturnix so he brooded with them until he was big enough to join the lonely female adult. They still all call to each other.

either seperate them, or they will cross, i have a@m's with coturnix, they get along well, and the cross's are awsome

Thank you all for the great advice!!! Now that my button quails hatched I see a big difference in size ill defiantly keep them separate!

Back
Top Bottom