can I house coturnix quail with golden pheasants?

Takeylla

Songster
Oct 8, 2018
USA, South Carolina
I'm thinking of getting or building an aviary for coturnix quail and golden pheasants or 1 or the other depending on weather or not they can be housed together, just let me know so i could see what I'm gonna do. Thanks (I also don't know if I should repost this in the pheasants topic either)

I'm thinking of getting or building an aviary for coturnix quail and golden pheasants or 1 or the other depending on weather or not they can be housed together, just let me know so i could see what I'm gonna do. Thanks (I also don't know if I should repost this in the pheasants topic either)
You can try around in the other forum. I know someone who does and hasn’t had a huge problem. Space is key but some may be inclined to attack one another. @Quailobsessed

with enough space, it can be done but it does have risks. if the pheasants are introduced as chicks, it makes integration easier. until breeding season because young male birds don’t always understand difference in species. I would say that I lose up to 6 quail per year to bird violence as a result of keeping a mixed aviary.

with enough space, it can be done but it does have risks. if the pheasants are introduced as chicks, it makes integration easier. until breeding season because young male birds don’t always understand difference in species. I would say that I lose up to 6 quail per year to bird violence as a result of keeping a mixed aviary.
thank you for the reply

Back
Top Bottom