Can I just rant for a few minutes? Please!

I really like Huggies for exactly this reason! Do you know, they have a "pocket" across the back so this doesn't happen?
big_smile.png
I am glad you are feeling better-I know you weren't upset with Ethan-poor baby, he couldn't help it!
smile.png

I have had days like that like when my dd and ds dumped a bucket of about 50 toads unto my very clean kitchen/dinning room floor. not a great day. then either.

my fella has been walking around with a missing tooth for a year and a half. no matter how much i bug him he continues to put off fixing it.
i've tried all manner of coercing.
one day i actually asked him if he wasn't just about done with his "hillbilly chic" phase. it hurt his feelings. i felt bad. but still . . . the tooth remains unfixed.
nothing works.
i suspect the mystery revolves around a soft n spongy deep fear of the dentist buried in layer after layer of crunchy machismo.
perhaps you and i might go in together on a dart gun? we could make dental appointments for our men and then (humanely) trap and tranquilize them on the correct day. they'd probably never even know it happened.

i hope your day gets better.
-chickenX

my fiance wouldn't even have his asthma inhalor if I didn't email in his repeat prescription request! it's not just your husband, I think they're all like it.

the baby poo... ugh! Arwyn has done several of them. today's managed to leak out but there was still enough in there that of course a foot landed in when I didn't have a tight enough grip on it... and he then painted up my tshirt with it before I could catch it to wipe off.

I hope your migraine goes away

When I met my man he had an ugly mouthful of pain and hadn't seen a dentist in 30 years. His medical doc even wanted his teeth fixed! His then-wife had left it up to him:) He was terrified, just wouldn't say so.
I took him along to MY dentist appt. and had him meet my dentist. I am the original dentalpainfreak. Turns out they are both navy guys and they talked the same talk and whoopie! He got the bad ones removed and a new set put in. He can enjoy steak and cob corn and has forgotten how badly he hurt 10 years ago!
Now he goes to the dentist with no problem. I am still the original dentalpainfreak. Novocaine. Lots. Please.

OK, your husband is going to continue being a jerk about doctors or dentists. We guys are made that way. The Princess has to beat me to get me to the doctor. Your son will continue to poop and make a mess of himself. In the future there will be days when you wish that was his biggest problem. Now, about that darn migraine. Hopefully you have some prescription meds for them. I too am a migraine sufferer and understand how they can control/wreck your entire day. When I told my doctor that if he were to tell me that I would have to live with head pain of that magnitude forever that I would have to consider suicide- he finally put me on prescription meds. Hope everything is better for both you and your husband.
hugs.gif

At our house I made up the rule about no complaining about pain unless you have done something about it. So DH knows that he isn't going to get any sympathy or cuddling if he hasn't at least take an Advil or something else for the pain. I am big on personal responsibility. I am also not his mother. If he wants a mommy fix then he can call her.

I stopped making appointments with doctors along time ago. He still has a fear of dentist left over from a bad dentist when he was a kid, but it is up to him to know when he has had enough discomfort. But he is still not going to make me miserable because he has figured out that he needs help yet.

I homeschooled our kids and this was one of the lessons that they learned when they got to be teenagers.

Back
Top Bottom