Can I keep a few turkeys in my guinea pen.

rhinomeadows

Chirping
7 Years
Oct 3, 2012
Atoka, OK
I have a friend that has way too many turkeys and she is wanting me to take a few. I have never had turkeys and was wondering if it would be safe for everybody for me to put the turkeys in the same pen with the guineas. I believe they eat the same feed and my guinea pen is pretty big. If I could get out of building another pen. What do you think about it?

I have a 16x16 pen for 8 guineas and I am just wanting maybe 3 turkeys. If this is not enough room, How much space would 3 turkeys need to be happy and healthy? Also I let the guineas out during the day to free range. Are turkeys docile enough to let out and then get them back in at night for protection?

Last edited:
We have our turkeys and guineas together with no problems. Of course ours free range with all the other stuff on the farm.
Someone else will have to help with the coop size as ours don't use a coop, they roost in the sweet gums at the rear of the property.

I put my 3 guineas and one turkey in a pen together, and the guineas are picking on the turkey. the male guinea chases the turkey around and pulls her feathers out. I am going to have to separate them, I'm afraid. Or will it pass? I'm new to guineas and turkeys.

Back
Top Bottom