That story about those poor Muscovies being beaten to death with a club makes me so angry I cannot believe how heartless people have become. And when Ocala roused up the Muscovies some years back from a park there and had them gassed to death everyone was outraged about it well that sounds humane compared to what I just read. So sad.Where is the outrage.

First off, if they're an invasive species, and seeing as there are all sorts of laws on rescuing and releasing, you shouldn't be 'releasing' him into the wild at all. Chances are he wouldn't do very well either. If you're planning on finding him a companion, you're signing up to keep the little guy. Also, if he's still that small, for letting him outside: Unless you're going to watch him 24/7, he needs a shelter of some kind, as well as the other provisions a domestic duck needs.
If you're not wanting to keep him, you'll need to find him a suitable home.
Like others have said, Craigslist is a good place to start.

Yes law or no law an animals hurt and your a good person, help it. If he gets better release him. Do it early in the morning so no one sees and you don't let him out in the dark. That's my opinion. NWA when it comes to saving life. Bump the police! Lol

Read this:
http://www.humanesociety.org/animals/ducks/muscovy_regulations.html

Wildlife rehabilitators re-home some muscovies with private owners. Federally licensed migratory bird rehabilitators may continue to care for sick, injured, or orphaned ducks as long as they do not release them to the wild.

Waterfowl rescuers have been actively helping communities by removing feral ducks and placing them with private owners. Since the bans on owning and transferring muscovies will not be implemented at this time, rescues can continue as long as ducks are not released to the wild.

Back
Top Bottom