Aelrift

Chirping
May 5, 2018
Hello
I have a baby muscovy, that I rescued like a month ago, (so I guess it's about/a month and a half old)
Problem is, he's alone, and whenever I have to leave him, he just panicks peeps really loud but then eventually accepts that I'll eventually come back later
This was fine until now that's big enough to jump the enclosure. Of course i've fixed it and now he can't get out anymore but I was wondering if he could stay outsie unharmed . It's south florida and hawks and eagles aren't that uncommon.
Also, should I get him a companion? If so, where can I get one

I don't plan on keeping him forever, when he's old enough I'll release him in the lake where I found him where there's lots of ducks

Where I'm from its illegal to even rescue waterfowl, let Aline release them. A couple weeks ago there were about 6 orphaned woodducks...one with a hurt leg, that I REALLY wanted to rescue, but not enough to face the fine...I agree it makes no sense but such is life.
As @chickens really said, advertise on Craigslist or your local FB groups
I believe @Farmer Connie lives in Florida and is well versed in the laws and regulations

Where I'm from its illegal to even rescue waterfowl, let Aline release them. A couple weeks ago there were about 6 orphaned woodducks...one with a hurt leg, that I REALLY wanted to rescue, but not enough to face the fine...I agree it makes no sense but such is life.
As @chickens really said, advertise on Craigslist or your local FB groups
I believe @Farmer Connie lives in Florida and is well versed in the laws and regulations
... I don't care for the law especially when it prevents my question from being answered.. SHould I let him out or not

But more likelihood of a predator being around.
How old is this duckling if 4 weeks old it is going to have a hard time finding it's place around other Muscovies I'd wait till fully feathered and at least 8 weeks old.
Yes, I meant out in the backyard, not in the wild, he's too young. and @Unexpected chicken lover
It's a college campus, no one cares

Back
Top Bottom