Can I let my chicks outside?

I don't let mine out until they get allot feathers. The brooder temp should be around 95 for 2 week old chicks so if its not about that outside I would not. You don't want them to catch a chill because they can not regulate their body temp at 2 weeks and they have no feathers for insulation.

I don't let mine out until they get allot feathers. The brooder temp should be around 95 for 2 week old chicks so if its not about that outside I would not. You don't want them to catch a chill because they can not regulate their body temp at 2 weeks and they have no feathers for insulation.

My girls have a lot of feathers already,full wing feathers and many on their back and chest. From what I've read, brodoer should be started at 95 degrees for newborns and moved 5 degrees cooler every week, so I have the brooder at around 85 degrees, which is how warm it is outside.

I moved my four chicks outside at two weeks. They have lived out there for six weeks now. I turned the heat lamp off during the day and they are doing fine. They have not used the heat lamp for a little over a week.

Thank you!!!! I dont want to move them out to their coop just yet. But I figured I could bring them out for a few hours at least!! 😊

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom